The hotel has undertaken important campaigns aimed at minimizing, eliminating and managing the waste generated.
• The access keys to the rooms were replaced by ecological wooden keys with a magnetic stripe, the latest environmentally friendly technology.
• All the amenities in the wet area in the rooms were replaced by refillable dispensers.
• All plastic items in rooms and environments were eliminated. They changed to eco-friendly options such as: paper straws, wooden stirrers, bamboo chopsticks, compostable shaving kit, dental and vanity kit in personalized paper bag, cloth bags for slippers and laundry, biodegradable shower cap, among others.
• Use of oxobiodegradable garbage bags; these undergo degradation by chemical oxidation, which allows them to decompose in any environment as long as there is oxygen.
• More than 10% of the total waste generated was recycled, which is equivalent to more than 2,000 kilos.
• In alliance with the company “Ambientados” dedicated to the management of usable solid waste, the pilot project of an intelligent route for waste management with labor inclusion of vulnerable people was designed.
• In each renovation project in the hotel facilities, efforts were made to ensure that the furniture in good condition and restoreable was donated to different transit homes.
• Linen, furniture and belongings in good condition were donated to entities such as: Fundación Biopsicosocial, Fundación Eclosión, Fundación Alimentarte, Fundación Desarrollo Humano, Fundación Renacer, Hermanas Pobres de la Caridad.
• Donation of glass bottles to the convent of the Clarisas sisters for their use.
• The hotel made an agreement with the Sanamea microenterprise, which, with a collection cart, collects around 120 liters of oil used in food preparation per month and, after recycling it, produces “Bio-diesel”, a mixture with fewer emissions atmospheric.
• Organic waste is processed for compost with the help of “Ecoplanet”, a local company recognized for its good environmental practices.
• In the common areas for hotel ambassadors, the classification of waste in bins by color was implemented, there is also a special recycling area where waste is reclassified for recycling such as: paper, cardboard, iron, bronze, motors, among others, which are collected and delivered to recycling organizations in the city.
Uncover special offers specially created for your comfort and enjoyment. Get inspired and plan your getaway.
Anticipate your New Year's Eve 2023-2024 stay with our early booking special rates. It is time to start planning the perfect trip! Our special...Read more
December 31st, 2023 Ring in the New Year at Sofitel Legend Cartagena in Mardi Gras style, with live music, Caribbean-inspired food with a New...Read more
Find strength, balance, and health with our wellness package "The Colombian Royal Treatment" Our pampering experience draws upon the oldest times...Read more